Mindset Equals Lifestyle
by Jim Brannon
Romans 8: 5-11...Download
Adult Discipleship: The goal of this team is to help link people together to share and sharpen each other’s walk with the Lord. Relationships are key to this goal .
Adult Education: This ministry is about teaching adults the Word of God and helping them apply God’s principles to life situations. It includes a variety of Bible Study opportunities such as:
• multiple Sunday Morning Adult Sunday School classes each week
• women’s Bible classes including “Precept” classes
• Bible study associated with Men’s Breakfast (3rd Saturday mornings except during the summer)
• home Bible studies
• various Sunday evening and Wednesday evening classes.
Building and Property: This ministry consists of a team of people that help care for, repair, and maintain our building and property.
Children’s Ministries: We are a family based church and desire to bring our children up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. We offer age graded classes and activities for our children every Sunday morning as well as multiple opportunities for them throughout the year. We use volunteers in our classrooms as well as seasoned teachers. Our goal is always the safety of our children. Every person working with any child (birth through high school) has passed background checks.
• Nursery for babies, Sunday School for toddlers through high school, 9—10:15 AM.
• Children’s Church: Children are dismissed from the Adult worship service after the Children’s Sermon for their own activities. (K through 2nd and 3rd through 5th grades)
• AWANA: This ministry helps churches and parents work together to develop spiritually strong children and youth who faithfully follow Jesus Christ. AWANA meets from 6:00 PM to 7:45 PM on Wednesday evenings during the school year. There are classes, crafts, Bible verse memorization, and activities to keep the kids engaged for the evening.
• Mission Friends: From 3 year olds through kindergartners, Mission Friends provides the building blocks of faith, and a basic awareness of God’s love for all people. This activity meets on Sunday nights, 6-7 PM during the school year.
• Girls in Action: A missions discipleship organization for girls in grades 1-6. The girls learn about praying for, giving to and doing missions work. They also make new friends and have lots of fun. This activity meets on Sunday nights, 6-7 PM during the school year.
• Royal Ambassadors: A missions discipleship organization for boys in grades 1-6. Through hands-on activities that encourage spiritual growth, games and sports, and mentoring relations with RA leaders, RA members become a faith-based brotherhood. This activity meets on Sunday nights, 6-7 PM during the school year.
• Special Events:
• June – Vacation Bible School: During the month of June for one week we hold Vacation Bible School for children from the age of 4 through 5th grade. We welcome the children of friends and family to join us. There is no charge for attending VBS.
• Easter Celebration
• October – Fall Festival
• December – Happy Birthday Jesus Party
Caregiving: This ministry focuses on church family members with needs which arise from sickness, injury, job loss, family crises, or other difficult circumstances. Our response to these needs include (but are not limited to) prayer, writing notes or cards of encouragement, telephone calls to express our concern and love, visits if indicated (home, rehab, hospital), food, child care, and occasionally distribution of benevolence funds.
Communications: This ministry deals with creating an accurate and timely information system for our church family. It involves creating a rapid response email system for notification, bulletin redesign, further development and maintenance of our website, bulletin boards, a church foyer TV screen for current messages, and bringing our Church directory up to date
Community Service / Missions: This ministry deals with projects that are done in the community to share the love and name of Christ. It includes nursing home visits, participation in food and clothing banks, help with building structures or other physical needs, etc. Community Service usually has a focus on nearby community needs where Missions is focused on people that are not our nearby neighbors. Both are in view as noted below:
• Builder’s For Christ: A network of volunteer teams who assist Southern Baptists in building churches in locations across the country. Redeemer’s building was built by this program.
• Foreign Mission Trips: Every year or two our church participates in a mission trip outside of the United States. We’ve been to Mexico, Brazil, and Romania, and have provided medical and dental services to locals who might not otherwise have access to such care. We also assist full-time missionaries with their other needs.
• Ronald McDonald House: We serve children and their families, many of whom are far from home, in several ways. We prepare and serve meals, provide projects for the children, and spend time to help comfort them during their stay. We desire to show compassion for those families who are hurting, and when possible, share the Gospel Message of Jesus.
• SECOR (Southeast Christian Outreach) food drives: The members or our Church support this ministry by bringing in food donations and help deliver Christmas gifts to those who are going through hard times.
• Military and children Christmas gift boxes
• Nursing Home Ministry
Evangelism: This ministry is about seeking out and sharing the Gospel with people who do not know Jesus as well as helping new believers become incorporated into the church. Follow up of all visitors is in this scope as well as designing outreach projects to introduce our church and Jesus to the people around us.
Family Life Ministries: All families move through “life phases” of joy and challenges. This ministry identifies some of the challenge areas and provides support and information for people going through them.
Fellowship: This ministry provides opportunities for people to develop Christian relationships. In these relationships, people are encouraged and hold one another accountable as well as enjoy the company of genuine friends. The opportunities to get to meet new friends are multiple and include picnics, pot lucks, dessert events, game nights, home fellowship groups, etc.
Prayer: This Ministry encourages people to pray over our church, community, and nation. We have a prayer chain system for public prayer requests and praises. We also have a special prayer team that prays over private matters that come up in people’s personal lives. This ministry links to all of the other Ministry areas as we bathe all of our work in prayer asking God to guide us and help us minister in His name.
Worship: This ministry consists of a team of people who help us offer praise and worship to the Lord during the Sunday morning service. They also provide us opportunities to show God our love through song on several Sunday evenings throughout the year. The team includes vocalists, instrumentalists, special musicians, Scripture readers, and the audio-visual team.
Youth Ministry: This ministry is for teens and is designed to teach them the Word of God and help them apply it to their young lives. Many different approaches are used to connect with our young people. The following lists a few of them:
• Sunday School each week
• Thursday Night Celebration (joining of Bible Study with physical and fun activities)
• Fall and Winter Retreats
• Summer Camp
• Disciple Now Weekend
• VBS Mission Trip.